Flipping Amazing is an exciting new ‘street food’ company making and selling high quality crepes and savoury gallates at local Farmer’s Markets and special events in the borough of Kingston Upon Thames.
Flipping Amazing ltd was registered at Companies House in March 2016. It’s two founder directors are Chris Burchill and Katherine Brown, with initial financial help from Surbiton Farmer’s Market and the ongoing active support of one of its directors, Natalie Kontarsky.
The goals of Flipping Amazing are simple:
1. To run a financially sound ‘street food’ business, by offering first class crepes and gallates at a reasonable profit to customers at Farmer’s Markets and special events
2. To run a first-class work experience programme for local young people age 16 to 25 years from all backgrounds and abilities
Market Dates and Hours
Flipping Amazing is launching at Surbiton Farmer’s Market on Saturday June 17th, 2017. After that it will be at the market every 3rd Saturday of the calendar month.
Surbiton Farmer’s Market is based on Maple Road (opposite Maple Road Infants) and is open for business to the public from 9am until 1pm.
Set-up times of the market stalls are from 8am and take down time is from 1pm. Both take around 45 minutes.
Flipping Amazing has been invited to sell crepes at the Kingston Young Carers event at Thames Sailing Club on July 1st from 7pm until midnight.
There will be other special events throughout the year.
Work Experience Description
Flipping Amazing is recruiting its first 3 work experience candidates with the following criteria:
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
• In the case of applicants in SEN schooling/college they must be at least 19 years of age
• Applicants must be recommended by a recognised manager/director from one of our stakeholder organisations
• Applicants must be ready to be present at a minimum of 4 markets in the next 6 months
• At the end of 6 months the young person
Application Process Outline
We will work with applicants and their stakeholder organisations to help the young people through the following process
• Prepare and submit a CV
• Prepare and submit a personal statement
• Attend a formal interview of Flipping Amazing personnel
• Get notified of a starting date
• Consult with Flipping Amazing personnel to prepare and agree a personal goal plan
• Monitoring and reporting throughout the work experience 6-month timeline
• A letter of reference on completion of the experience
Chris Burchill M: 07772 214460 E: firstname.lastname@example.org